who is OLON BioTech?
The CDMO for fermentation services specialized in pharma and food.
OLON BioTech is a new OLON reality born from by connecting two cornerstones of Olon’s biomanufacturing competence: Capua BioServices and the Settimo Torinese site.
The two souls of the Fermentation business, which perfectly reflects the two strategic pillars of OLON that are the Proprietary Products, on which Settimo has a successful experience and a proven performance, and the CDMO, which is the fundamental business of Capua.
Given the similarity of the manufacturing processes and the business, it was decided to group the Fermentation sites in a single management system, thereby creating OLON BioTech to ensure the constant development of the production and process synergies of the 2 sites and pursuing ever greater levels of efficiency and business competitiveness.
OLON Biotech works along two main concepts together with our customers:
- We create and develop innovative processes to produce new products
- We create existing products via novel natural ways
In both cases we use an “environmentally friendly” technology.
We are also able to offer our clients the construction of the necessary plants for production (greenfield).
This fusion is a global provider of high-quality services specialized in the field of custom microbial process development and manufacturing and offer dedicated solutions for proteins, specialty small molecules and microorganisms focused on applications in pharma and food.
OLON BioTech ensures that your project is in good hands. Dedicated Project Managers for the Technology Transfers provide the interface towards the customers and lead the Project Team with a clear focus on quality, time, and cost during each of the clearly defined project stages.
We offer dedicated solutions for process development and production of proteins, (high-value) small molecules, and microorganisms for applications in the pharmaceutical market (pre-clinical, clinical, and commercial) for humans and animals. OLON BioTech can provide a fermentation capacity up to 4.400 m3 (3.100 m3 Settimo and 1.400 m3 Capua) with associated recovery and purification equipment, allowing us to provide from milligrams to tons of product with bioreactor scales of 1L to 250.000L.
We have an integrated wastewater treatment plant as well as a solvent recovery area.
Our dedicated pharmaceutical manufacturing areas (classified environments in downstream process area) comply with cGMP requirements and ISO standards.
Our Development and Technology Transfer teams comprise a dedicated analytical group as well as all other service functions to transfer and optimize process unit operations, providing to our customers expertise based on extensive experience in cGMP production of clinical and commercial products.
Our teams operate on a 24-hour, 7-days/week schedule throughout the year.
Food grade manufacturing
We offer custom microbial development and manufacturing and dedicated solutions for proteins, (high-value) small molecules and microorganisms for applications in food, feed and other bio-industrial markets.
We can provide a fermentation capacity up to 4.400 m3 (3.100 m3 Settimo and 1.400 m3 Capua) with associated recovery and purification equipment, allowing us to provide from milligrams to tons of product with bioreactor scales of 1L to 250.000L. We have an integrated wastewater treatment plant as well as a solvent recovery area. Our teams comprise a dedicated analytical group as well as all other service functions. The site can transfer and optimize process unit operations. We can operate under ISO standards and Food standards. Our teams operate on a 24-hour, 7-days/week schedule throughout the year. Areas dedicated to food grade manufacturing comply with the highest hygiene industrial standards. Strict HACCP programs are in place for controlling microbial, chemical, physical and allergen contamination. Our main expertise of food grade manufacturing relates to technology transfer and the manufacture of small molecules, microorganisms and enzymes. We have experience in working following the appropriate quality standard for an extensive group of food ingredients, included food for infant formula.
The experience and support provided by our team ensure that products are manufactured in the most cost-efficient manner, without compromising on quality and safety.
Key activites of regular engineering
- Prepares Capital Authorization Requests, mostly infrastructures;
- Sizes new or revamped equipment based on existing User Requirements;
- Select potential goods and services from vendors;
- Monitors ongoing project tasks from technical and economical perspective;
- Maintains all relevant site technical documentation;
More in general, follows Corporate Management directives to align site activities with Company’s desired business outcomes.
Additional activites available from “Bespoke Engineering”
- In accordance with the Account Manager, establishes initial dialogue with client to get and drive a clear view of their intentions and needs;
- Analyzes their User Requirements and, together with the Technical Development group and process experts, helps define and refine them;
- Prepares Feasibility Studies budgeting economic estimates (usually +/-40%);
Develops business scenarios for clients, using outcome of Feasibility Studies;
- Propose the whole EPCC path for clients’ projects or – depending on needs – any part(s) of it, such as:
- Engineering (Basic and Detailed), which means designing the plant from scratch;
- Procurement, including benchmarking, and expediting);
- Construction, meaning supply the contractor with final design and follow the works on field
- Commissioning (including qualification when needed)
- Burocracy and local Licenses normally are included