As a pharmaceutical-chemical company our role is more important than ever at this critical moment: to keep on supplying medicines to pharmacies and hospitals.
We want to share with everyone what OLON is doing in order to give opportunity to other companies in foreign countries to be ready in case the outbreak is also reaching them.
In our industry the role of each single company is important and we need to actively maintain the entire complex supply chain.
OLON has implemented the following measures:
- Strict sites access control, by checking the health status of those entering the sites
- Regularly and thoroughly cleaning your hands with an alcohol-based soap or wash them with soap and warm water.
- Frequently washing all the surfaces (door handles, desks, PCs, telephones, desks etc.) in order to guarantee proper sanitization.
- Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Activities reorganized to decrease the simultaneous presence of people in the same place, at the same time working remotely, the number of people onsite has drastically decreased.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with the hands
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene practices. This means covering your mouth and nose with your elbow fold or tissue when coughing or sneezing. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- Stay home if you feel sick. If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek and call medical attention.
- Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19. Follow the advice given by your healthcare professional, your national and local public health authority or your employer on how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
- Crowding situations should be avoided, prevention measures of the safety distance greater than 1 meter must be absolutely respected. High critical areas for example the cafeteria, and the dressing areas.
- All cafeteria and break areas in our plants and HQ are closed.
- For the changing rooms, in Italy, we distributed the workers at shift changes in small groups, in order to reduce the number of people present at the same time in the changing rooms and the result impact in the case one of the workers tested positive for coronavirus.
- All the workers must use a protective mask at least FFP3
- In order to optimize the use of light protection masks FFP3 (possible risk of shortage), semi/full face masks with proper filters are to be preferred for working activities in the plant
- Other risk areas are offices and laboratories. People must stay in their offices and avoid moments of aggregation. The continuous use of the protection mask FFP3 is mandatory and a safety distance of more than 1 meter (3 feet) each other must be kept.
- Avoid meetings, use phones and WebEx.
- Use sanitizers for changing rooms, cafeteria, computers, and furnishings.
- People must guarantee absolute compliance with hygiene rules and prevention measures even outside the factory or office.
- As we are asking for a change in behavior, in addition to making provisions, adequate supervision and control must be guaranteed, immediately correcting the wrong behaviors.
Take care of your health and protect others around you by also taking the same measures outside the company and by following some practical advice in your daily life:
- Take the empty lift or avoid taking it
- If possible avoid public transportation, especially if it is crowded
- Use e-commerce, if possible
- Limit social life and preferably the use of social areas.
- Limit contact with people over 70, they are the weakest and the most exposed category
Please feel free to send us your comments and suggestions at email@example.com