Olon Group is a global leader in the development and production of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) for CDMO and generic markets, integrating chemical synthesis and biological processes while always embracing the highest international safety, quality, and environmental standards.
Olon has a global network of 11 manufacturing sites and 7 R&D centers across the globe.
For our Murcia site in Spain, we are looking for a Research in Chemical Development.
Reporting to the Scientific Director, the successful candidate will be in charge of:
- Development of novel scalable synthetic routes for products under research.
- Collaborating with the analytical department in order to develop analytical methods and specifications for final products and its intermediates.
- Optimization of crystallization protocols for intermediates and final products.
- Development of cleaning protocols.
- Collaborating in the transfer of new process from research lab to pilot plant and scale up operations for commercial industrial production.
- Collaborating in the transfer of new process from other Olon sites to Derivados Químicos site for commercial industrial production.
- Preparing the adequate documentation to further scale up.
- Leading the R&D support for the commercial products registration and answering to the Health Authorities questions for the registration of the products.
- Ensuring that regulations related to safety, environment protection and quality are strictly applied and followed.
Successful candidates should have a PhD in organic chemistry, excellent lab and communication skills. Fluent English both written and spoken are essential. Relevant industrial experience in chemical process development and relevant work experience in GMP environment is considered a plus.
We offer concrete opportunities for professional growth through structured career paths, state-of-the-art instrumentation and ongoing training within a multinational context.
The remuneration package will be competitive and commensurate with the candidates’ experience.