The Olon Group is a global leader in the development and manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) for CDMO and generic markets, integrating chemical synthesis and biological processes while always embracing the highest international safety, quality and environmental standards.
Olon has a global network of 11 production sites and 7 research and development centers around the world.
With the aim of strengthening the structure of Olon’s Procurement Tech Material and Services function, we are looking for a Procurement Manager to be based at the HQ in Rodano (MI).
The resource will contribute to innovation and maintaining the competitiveness of the team to which he/she belongs through a proactive approach oriented to continuous improvement, project management mindset and strong negotiation.
The ideal candidate will be able to perform the following activities independently:
- Conducting market analysis for the search and selection of new suppliers on a national and international scale, ensuring the continuous improvement of supply sources and the identification and development of new suppliers, pursuing the objectives of optimization and efficiency and security of supply.
- Collaborating in defining purchasing policy, in accordance with corporate strategy, negotiating the best purchasing and procurement conditions that take into account technical, commercial and financial objectives
- Ensuring, in support of production site organizations and Corporate functions, adherence to timelines, budget and safety constraints during all negotiation phases
- Supporting requesting functions to ensure compliance with conditions agreed with the supplier (compliance with delivery date and general terms)
- Evaluating suppliers’ bids and negotiating their commercial terms, including payment terms, yield conditions, and any indicators highlighted by stakeholders when defining technical content by benchmarking suppliers, through analysis of pricing and purchasing conditions
- Managing tenders
- Drafting purchase orders
- Producing cost trend reporting and analysis of deviations
- Coordinating with other departments so that company procedures are followed
- Negotiating and entering into framework agreements with strategic suppliers
- Skills in negotiating and managing technical business tenders and negotiations
- Accuracy and attention to detail, analytical and methodological approach
- Aptitude for working for objectives, under tight deadlines, under stress and multitasking
The ideal profile possesses:
- Bachelor’s degree in management engineering or economics
- Professional background: 4/5 years of experience in technical materials and services purchasing
- 3/4 years of experience in the role gained in structured and strongly market-oriented companies
- Excellent knowledge of the main computer applications (SAP MM, Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Mastery of the English language
- Experience gained in industrial realities in the chemical or pharmaceutical sector will be considered a plus
We offer concrete opportunities for professional growth through structured career paths, state-of-the-art instrumentation and ongoing training within a multinational context.
The remuneration package will be competitive and commensurate with the candidates’ experience.